Effective Date: February 27, 2020.
Introduction and Overview.
A. Information You Provide.
We collect information when you use the Service and our Aeras dental equipment, including information you provide when you register an account the Service, update your profile, access our content, test or use equipment, participate in a DENTALEZ sweepstakes, contest, survey, special or promotion (“Promotion”), contact DENTALEZ customer support or apply for a job with DENTALEZ. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect information.
You represent and warrant that you will only provide information and use the Service acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or other legal entity (a “Customer”), and that your communications and transactions with DENTALEZ occur solely within the context of DENTALEZ providing the Service or equipment to the Customer that you represent.
Information we and our Service Providers on our behalf collect includes the following:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, office address, phone number, organization name, dental profession and role.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, and information for authentication and account access.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information and we may immediately delete such information, without liability to you.
B. Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. Information we automatically collect includes the following:
- Service Use Data, including data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the emails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address, MAC address, and Ad Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID).
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address, equipment sensor or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data).
- Equipment Performance Data, including performance data collected from sensors in our dental equipment, such as how the equipment is running, power surges, tank pressure, voltage, oil or water level, maintenance alert, pump intake, runtime and vacuum efficiency, and other kinds of equipment performance data.
We use various tracking technologies to automatically collect information and other data, including the following:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location.
Some information about your use of the Service and other parties’ services may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services and used by us and other parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and other services.
For further information on tracking technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
C. Information from Other Sources.
- Dealers and/or Service Providers that sell or provide our equipment to dental offices and you on behalf of your employer.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
Use of Information.
- Manage our Service, including registration of your account, access to product literature, and providing dental equipment with smart technology to manage and monitor the equipment.
- Perform services requested by you, such as scheduling equipment testing and repairs.
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, activities and failure analysis.
- Improve the Service or other DENTALEZ websites, marketing efforts, products, equipment and services.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and other party’s such as our dealers’ products, offers, promotions, events, and services.
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified and equipment performance data) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For more information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Sharing of Information.
- Service Providers. We share information with our agents, vendors, dealers, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using information about you for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified and equipment performance data) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Dealers. We share information with dealers who sell our products and dental equipment, including to enable Dealers to manage and honor Customer equipment warranties, and provide repair services to our Customers.
- Affiliates. We may share information with our related entities including our affiliates and related companies. For example, we share information with our affiliate who help us manufacture and distribute our dental equipment.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information in accordance with the applicable laws in order to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of DENTALEZ, DENTALEZ personnel, the Service or any third party.
- Consent. We may share information to fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified and equipment performance data) with third parties except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Your Rights and Choices.
A. Account Information.
You may access or update certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below or by contacting your dealer directly. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to provide the Service, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B. Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Our Service contains tracking technologies owned and operated by other parties. For example, we use tracking technologies from analytics provides to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage.
- E-mails. By registering for an account to use the Service, it is implied that you consent to us sending emails to you about the Service, the status of your account and information about your equipment. As such, we may send emails to the email address you provide for transactional and promotional purposes in regard to the Service, the status of your account and your equipment. You can opt-out of receiving certain promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot optout of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or DENTALEZ’s ongoing business relations.
- Text Messages. You can opt-out of receiving text messages to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address, phone number and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Your California Privacy Rights.
DENTALEZ does not share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that DENTALEZ is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.
Your Canadian Privacy Rights.
If you are a resident of Canada, you may be entitled to additional rights regarding your personal information, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing of your personal information where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to challenge improper processing of your personal information, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to demand that we restrict the use or disclosure of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for such use or disclosure, use or disclosure is no longer necessary, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; and (v) the right to lodge a complaint with applicable Canadian data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under Canadian law or our privacy practices you may contact our Privacy Officer (see the “Contact Us” section below).
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under eighteen (18) years of age. DENTALEZ does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe DENTALEZ has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you that is transmitted over the internet.
If you believe your information has been compromised, please contact us (see the “Contact” Us section below).
Attention: Privacy Officer
Bay Minette, AL 36507